9.18.2010

Meeting Charles in Shibuya

Today turned out to be amazing. After grabbing some lunch at a local ramen shop, me and some friends went into Shibuya to meet my friend, Charles!!! We met up at this dog statue. Apparently some dog named Hachiko waited there or something. I dunno I guess its a big deal.

Looked pretty boring to me. So we walked around Shibuya for a little bit. And oh yeah, if you don't know what Shibuya looks like, it looks a little something like this.


So we were starting to get bored until we decided to go bowling. Now, regular bowling might have been fun too, but it just so happens that the bowling alley we went to is like a club scene from Swordfish. You know, black lights and shit. It was like a laser-tag bowling hybrid.

Please notice in this one above that they project a live video feed of you on the screen above as it waits for you to bowl. I Love You Japan.



Channeling inner strength to bowl better.

So then we got hungry. We were looking for this one place to make Okinomiyaki or something like it but the entrance was a biznatch to find. Here is the building we found.
Definitely a building only a hipster could love.
Then we found an art gallery that some guy made us go into.
So after much confusion, we finally found the place we were to eat at. It was pretty chill and the food was good so I can't complain. But as we left we found the actual entrance. Oh yeah, we walked in the side through this wall flap that was definitely not an entrance. Well, as it turns out, the entrance looks kind of like this.
So I have a full day of brushing up and studying for my placement exam tomorrow. That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment